Come build with a BC Top Employer 2022 winner!
Jacob Bros Construction is immediately hiring a Health & Safety Coordinator to promote safety culture, safe work practises, and safe environments on our worksites.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with a skilled trades background, and 3+ years experience holding the job title Health & Safety Coordinator with a General Contractor.
This position is both office and field based, and a company vehicle will be supplied upon successful completion of the probationary and training periods.
Please note this position is based full-time permanent out of South Surrey, and we do not provide rotations, LOA or accommodations.
- Organizes, manages, maintains, and administers the Health and Safety Program in collaboration with Health and Safety Manager
- Provides education and mentoring to field supervisors on HSE program implementation
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Ensures Health and Safety plans, Safe Work Processes and Hazard Assessments are current and updated; supports site leadership with lookahead planning
- Monitors and reports on the overall effectiveness of implementation of project Health and Safety plans
- Assists in the investigation of incidents to determine causation, and supports site leadership in the development of measurable corrective actions and monitoring for continuous improvement
- Audits the quality of field level hazard assessments and incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness
- Ensures appropriate and sufficient safety equipment is available to all employees
- Conducts site safety orientations for new employees and internal Health & Safety training where required
- Identifies safety training requirements, makes recommendations to Safety Committees and schedules training as required
- Completes internal audits, hazard assessments and emergency preparedness plans
- Coordinates company requirements for maintaining COR Certification
- Maintains a WHMIS Program, including a current MSDS and staff training
- Monitors and advises on legislative and technical changes relating to Health and Safety
- Records all project and corporate statistics monthly
- Schedules, attends and records the JOH&S meeting minutes
- 3+ years of related work experience in a construction safety role; NCSO and/or CRSP designations an asset
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with a skilled trades background, and/or civil and buildings construction experience
- Completion of a degree/diploma of an accredited program in Occupational Health and Safety an asset
- Expert understanding of the OH&S regulations for the province of BC
- Experience in incident investigation cause causal analysis
- Strong technical knowledge of common construction practises, techniques, and equipment
- Possess valid First aid certificate (OFA 2 minimum) and CPR
- Additional training including Fall Protection, Rescue/Confined spaces, Bobcat/mobile equipment operation an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Strong computer competency including experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Human relations training (i.e., Conflict Resolution, etc.); diffuses challenging situations with confidence
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record
- Successful completion of security clearance process
About Jacob Bros:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Eligibility for Profit Sharing Program
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $2000 Referral Bonus Program
At Jacob Bros, our team of talented construction professionals is taking on some the most challenging projects in British Columbia’s construction industry.
We are one of BC’s largest and most respected construction organizations, offering construction services in a variety of markets including heavy civil construction, major public infrastructure, and industrial, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Jacob Bros has proudly served every major sector of Western Canada’s construction industry since 2008, and has been consistently recognized as a BC Top Employer.
Jacob Bros employs over 300 construction professionals, including staff and craft employees.
No agencies please.